Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nifty Chart Labels and Shows Today's Protestant And Evangelical Communities



This is a pretty nifty chart by Brandan Robertson. He has a dialogue on it at The Spectrum of Protestantism in 2013 [Part 1]

I guess its because I am a convert to Catholicism but I can't help note that Protestants pay a lot more attention to what we are doing at times than we to them. I think this happens somewhat in the Catholic "academy" itself. This is kinda of sad in the whole scheme of things and quite frankly embarrassing . For instance the Evangelical discussion on the theology of adoption of children seems to be no where on Catholics radar.

Further the media does not really help with it's often over broad and at time incorrect labels it uses.

I think this is sort of a good start as a guide myself for Catholics that are trying to get some lay of the Protestant landscape.

He has a follow up here at People LOVE Labels where he includes this chart

No comments: