Thursday, January 12, 2012

What Do Some Anti Catholic Gay Activists and American Evangelical Mark Driscoll Have In Common ?

They both seems in the heat of an argument think VESTMENTS are "dresses".

You Know the blog post , the tweet , the entry on the facebook page that says : " Yeah Pope Benedict talking about gay marriage when he is wearing a dress. "

Sigh. Do people know anything about Western Patrimony or indeed anything about Liturgical patrimony.

Well It appears America's leading Evangelical Calvinist has thrown a shot at the Church of England as to me in "dresses".

Actually in the Church of England ,we got the ROBES Versus Vestment going on all at the same time which he might be confusing. See here on that that if Driscoll just called Calvin a sissy and related matters.

The Evangelical Driscoll, the to much caffeinated gay activist on the Internet , and even Maureen Dowd of the New York Times.who said

I, too, rationalized as men in dresses allowed our religious kingdom to decay and to cling to outdated misogynistic rituals, blind to the benefits of welcoming women’s brains, talents and hearts into their ancient fraternity.

All seem to think these things ( that looks like nothing that Liz Claiborne sells) are dresses.

They never looked like a dress to me and I rarely see women wearing anything like it. I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really consider myself to be an "anti-Catholic gay activist", but I consider the Catholics to be hateful toward gays, even though the majority of Catholic priests are closeted homosexuals. And it has become increasingly obvious that a huge number of them are very troubled people who sexually abuse young men under the age of consent, all the while making the false claims that they are celibates. Now anybody with eyes can see that all of these higher up priests are wearing the very effeminate garments, and there must be some transvestism involved with the choosing of this attire by whoever chooses what they will wear. I say that if they will stop harming young people, they have every right to wear whatever they want to wear, and to do whatever they want to do and call it their religion. But they don't have a right to deny full equality, and fully equal treatment under the law, to people just because they are homosexual, a personality trait which we did not choose, and can not change. I would not call these garments "dresses", but I don't know if that is more disrespectful that what I do say. They can wear whatever they want to wear, it is the harming people that I am against. That Mark Driscoll is a hypocritical character himself. He seems to preach the "Gospel according to Dr. Ruth". But the good sex that he preaches is reserved to the heterosexuals. He is just as hateful toward gays as the other preachers.

James H said...

Well I am not sure of they look very effeminate. Some vestments can have too much lace I suppose but that appears to be monority.

I don't buy your argument that the Church is hateful against gays. I have rarely heard a homily in the most conservative of Churches that did not spend ample time on the essential dignity of those with same sex attractions.

Regardless, the "Pope wears a Dress " arguments etc are just pretty much a slick gotcha point that really does not help any discussion.

Anonymous said...

I've never been inside a Catholic Church, and probably should not comment here. And my comments are going to be too provocative to be taken seriously. Just saw the headline on a blog list and clicked on it, as I often do when a headline interests me. But how can anyone who ever took a history course, or who lives on the Earth and reads the news, not be somewhat familiar with the Catholic Church? But I have always thought that these men look very effeminate in the garments that they wear, and the Pope most especially in his fancy clothing. Religious people talk about repentance, but I don't know of it ever happening. They do like the Southern Baptists and wait more than 100 years after slavery ended and issued a hollow apology. The Catholics and most other religious people are never going to do right in the matter of equality, the battle has to be won in the civil or political arena, and then maybe the in a couple of centuries the so-called churches will apologize. Ridicule of the Pope's costumes is not going to provoke anybody to see the irony and hypocrisy in his position.