Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ethical Questions Raised By Haley Barbour's Get Out Jail For Kidney Offer (Updated)

Yes they do exist. See We’ll Let You Out of Jail, But Only if You’ll Save Us Money by Donating a Kidney to Another Prisoner

Now I am not saying at this point if this is the right or wrong thing to do. In fact there might be more facts out there. However I am sure this will be discussed and it should be. However my first inclination is a red flag. Not saying this is unethical right off the bat but.... want to hear more.

Update- It should be noted that this is her offer!! So I am not piling on Haley here and not saying in this individual case it should not be granted. I just am uncomfortable with the idea of this being abused by the State. Still I am not saying the Slippery Slope article should trump other concerns here.

Update- Joe Carter updates his entry which shows the concerns I have.

No comments: