Thursday, July 22, 2010

What The Heck Jim Brown To Speak At Conservative Party Convention!!

I guess Louisiana readers will get this more. Jim Brown was of course the Democrat that was former Sec of State and Sec of Insurance. Oh and he also is the dad of Campbell Brown that is leaving CNN.

I never voted for Jim Brown but I respected him as a politico. If you have to run against a woman call him up because he did it several times and beat them. Not a easy task because there are minefields. I actually met Brown once in person at a funeral and talked with him at some length. I had met him before several times but you know it was the typical 15 second shake hands smile say something nice and move on the next warm body. He was the typical Northeast Louisiana politico and I don't really mean that as a slam. I like those guys. Oh plus I think he is a Catholic so that gets him some points :) .

Plus people from that whole Ferriday Louisiana/ Natchez Miss area are so interesting. As I have mentioned before my family had the pin ball/ juke box and yeah the illegal slot machine monopoly in that area so I am tuned in with the ole family stories. Carlos Marcello came to my great grand dad's funeral so enough said. It is an interesting area to say the least. So north east Louisiana politics has always been a great topic of discussion with us.

Moving on Jim Brown also got sent to Fed Prison. Now I am not saying Brown was pure as the Virgin Mary on a lot of stuff (one day I will you give you my theory on why he ran for Governor), but a lot of die hard Republicans including myself found his conviction an injustice. I wrote to Bush asking he pardon him and I was tad shocked with all Brown's family connections he did not get one. Of course Bush Sr and even Dave Treen were trying to get GW to commute Edwin Edward's sentence and that did not happen. So if GW was going to refuse dad I suppose Brown was out of luck. Not saying this great northeast Louisiana politico was not crooked in the past but what they got him on was BS!!

That being said I saw this on his site -
Jim will cap a busy week back in New Orleans on Saturday Night, July 24th, where he is the keynote speaker at the annual convention of The Conservative Party USA. Jim’s evening address will take place at the Loews New Orleans Hotel.

Whoa!! Look at their platform


I have to admit though I worked and voted against Jim Brown in every race I would love for him to come back. For that I guess he has to get a pardon. CALLING OBAMA. Again I would have no problem with that. In truth he pretty much was an effective Sect of State and later Insurance. Still is Brown going to come back as Mr Tea Party / Conservative party?

Maybe he and Woody Jenkins can be on a ticket!!

Update- Regardless I hope Brown succeeds on his radio show. I suspect he would be more interesting than "Moon" that believe it or not many conservative find annoying. Get him on KEEL.

No comments: