Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Looking At National Geographic's A World Without Oil

I watched this interesting show yesterday. It starts out with the unlikely scenario that oil ran out all over the globe at one time!! Still I understand why they did that so they could set up - I day Without oil , 1 week without oil, one year without oil , 40 years without oil etc etc.

The show was pretty good in showing how oil is such a huge part of our lives. However in their show nuclear power and hydro electric power does not exist it appears!! So that is a fault. Also they say there would be no way to repair or put up satellites because there would not be fuel to launch the rockets. I was under the impression that these rockets are fueled by liquid oxyegen and liquid hydorgen so I am not so sure that is correct. Still a interesting show.

No comments: