Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Al Sharpton's Next Great Crusade- GUN RIGHTS?


I found this interesting from the great Civil Rights Fraud guy Al Sharpton. From Instapundit:

AL SHARPTON: 90% OF MY LISTENERS SUPPORT THE SUPREME COURT’S GUN DECISION. “I would say 90% of the calls I received yesterday were in support of the Supreme Court and people say they want to bear guns. They’re tired of the violence and it’s very very interesting. I have had a few on both sides today, but yesterday was overwhelming, it was stunning to me.” Given that disarming black people was one of the main purposes of gun-control laws, it shouldn’t be that surprising.
Some years ago we had a program at my law school where ex-Black Panther Kathleen Cleaver (with whom I went to law school) came to speak. It was heavily attended by Knoxville civil-rights veterans, and I think some of my colleagues were surprised when an elderly black preacher launched into a defense of the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms. I wasn’t
.

I am not a big Al Sharpton fan. When he was the History Channel's recent series on American History giving comments I wanted to throw up. There is no man that can rip off poor black churches, use victims, and screw up the hard work of good civil rights plaintiff lawyers better than him.

However because of that he has a good nose for what puts a little jingle in his pockets. I touched on this yesterday where I said conservatives need to get serious about repealing laws that do no allow people with non violent past convictions from having guns. I think that is a MAJOR CIVIL RIGHTS issue. You got people that have a few weed convictions or some shoplifting conviction not able to protect themselves. Insanity.

Anyway perhaps Sharpton can be a spokesman for the NRA.

No comments: