Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So It's Anti John McCain Week?

Well Like Pink Flamingo I find this all counterproductive. It appears that John McCain has been again the source of much yelling and pulling out of hair by some of the usual suspects.

See her post The Gathering of Far Right Idiots

I have not commented on this because the ANCHORESS has hinted she would be talking about this sometimes this week. She with her common wisdom and restrained words if often better than I at getting a point across. So I am waiting to see she does .

I have no problem with a primary challenge to John McCain or anyone for that matter. However people be cautious and use some restraint . Even those anti McCain folks. It is always dangerous to try to nationalize a Primary race especially when you are thousands of miles away. There are a lot of issues and dynamics that you might be missing and thus the end result will be something that bites you back on the ass as it were.

Thus while I am supporting RUBIO in the Florida GOP Senate Primary Race I am careful not to try to make his primary opponent look like the worse threat to the GOP ever and the King of all RINOS. I am not in Florida for heavens sake so what do I know.

In that little race in New York we saw the same thing where everyone thought it would be a great idea to support well a Carpetbagger over the GOP nominee. Well that had mixed results. See from this very good conservative Jim Geraghty thoughts at Did Anyone Ask Upstate New Yorkers if They Wanted Their Race Nationalized?

In primaries when you not living in the State at issue extreme caution should be done by the party faithful. In this case very much so. I can recall McCain's GOP opponents race in 2006. It did not turn out as so many of the KILL McCain folks predicted.

More later.

No comments: