Wednesday, December 30, 2009

LSU Coach Ben Chavis Says He Is Staying At LSU

Well it appears this rumor is thankfully being deflated. From the Advocate:

Chavis ‘not going anywhere’
For several weeks there have been rumblings that Georgia coach Mark Richt was trying to lure LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis.
WBRZ Sports Director Michael Cauble reported Monday that junior linebacker Kelvin Sheppard said Chavis pulled him to the side during practice and told the Tigers’ leading tackler, “You knew if I was going anywhere, you’d be the first person I’d tell. I’m here with you all, I love it here, I’m not going anywhere.”
Neither Chavis nor Miles were available Monday. Chavis did not respond to text messages Sunday or Monday.
Richt fired defensive coordinator Willie Martinez after a regular season when the Bulldogs allowed 26.4 points and 328.4 yards a game.
Chavis is in his first season at LSU after a 20-year stint at Tennessee, the last 14 as the defensive coordinator
.

No comments: