Thursday, July 23, 2009

People That Praise High Gas Prices Live In the Cities

I really wish that these folks would realize for many of us of in rural Parish/Counties we can just can't get on the subway or elevated train to get around. Maybe I missed it but I am not noticing that the largely urban districts that all go ape over this are not looking to do an Amtrak line between lets say Lafayette to Baton Rouge or Monroe to Ruston. Why? Because that means they get less funding for their pleasure while they are lecturing us down here.

Here is the deal. Fund a train to get me from my town of 5000 to Shreveport and then fund service in Shreveport where I can get around and then we shall talk. Till then don't pontificate till you come down here and explain how rural folks can get to work and visit family with 20 dollars a gallon gas. Such a urban liberal mentality of folks that when they go to the grocery store or fill up their tank have no idea how it got there.

There is an amazing disconnect at times between the city folks and the rest of us serfs that produce the energy to fuel their lights and the food on the table. Live the Trinity has more at NPR celebrates $20 gas and the forced hyper-urbanization of America

I love Chicago and I love the L. But for us folks in North Louisiana that is not quite feasible. Oh and as to biking can one imagine a 65 year grandma huffing up these steep hills in a 115 heat index while avoiding the log trucks!!! Good grief. I read stuff like this and I realize that the disconnect is not so much conservative versus liberal. Or GOP versus Dems. It is urban versus rural.

No comments: