Monday, June 29, 2009

Coach Nick Saban To Play LSU Coach In Movie

LOL.

Oh this will go over well in Bama Land

"I kind of knew once Nick said he'd do it, they'd all jump on board," she said. "I told him, 'You'd better play yourself. If you don't, I'm going to find a short, ugly guy to play you.' You know how vain Nick is. He probably thought about it and said, 'I'd better play myself.'"
Because the film is based on a story that happened five years ago, it did create some awkward moments for a few of the coaches. When Saban recruited Oher he was LSU's coach. He left after the 2004 season for the NFL's Miami Dolphins and now coaches at Alabama, one of the Tigers' fiercest rivals.
On the set at which Saban filmed his last scene for "The Blind Side," his office was littered with LSU memorabilia. There was an LSU game ball, a 2001 SEC championship trophy and reprints of pages from The (Baton Rouge) Advocate newspaper. There was even a replica of the key to the city of Baton Rouge.
Saban, who had just finished his second season with the Crimson Tide, told his Alabama players he would be appearing in the movie as LSU's coach.

Ralph Nelson/Alcon Entertainment Tommy Tuberville says he was comfortable portraying Auburn's coach in "The Blind Side."
"It's a historic event," Saban said. "I told our players at Alabama that it was a historic event and this happened when I was at LSU. I did this in honor of the Tuohys and Michael, even though he didn't come to LSU or Alabama. We have great fans at Alabama. Hopefully, everybody is big enough to understand that this film is documenting a true story
."

By the way that will be a great movie. I loved that book!!!

Good for Nick though. I agree it is a important and good movie

No comments: