Sunday, June 28, 2009

24 Hours of Hitchcock Movies

Sorry for my absence the last few days. I have been in the sickbed. Getting near a computer was the last thing I wanted to do

Anyway I spend and am now spending a delightful day watching 24 hours of Alfred Hitchcock movies on Turner Classic Movies. He always had a wonderful habit of getting the best leading man and leading lady together.

They had much of the biggies I love. Rear Window, Vertigo, The Man that Knew Too Much, North by Northwest, Notorious , etc etc.

Still there are a few they did not have that are my favorites. Rope , based on a true story, I think is a masterpiece. Again he uses Jimmy Stewart in a wonderful way. One other that is not on is wonderful sort of dark Comedy called the The Trouble with Harry which I have to admit I can just watch over and over.

Check them out

No comments: