Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If You Catholic and Voting for McCain You Are Racist!!

Or at least more likely than not you are according to this contributor at VOX NOVA. See well this sad entry at Abortion and Racism.

I must say I have decided to take a break from VOX NOVA a tad before the election. A blog that portrays itself as a serious site where issues of Catholicism and politics are discussed has become by a few a Obama hack site. The last entry I linked and commented was very unfair, untrue , and very un Christian toward Senator McCain. I was coming down with the flu when I reacted to it and I was perhaps a tad too angry in my response. I do think after the election VOX NOVA and its main contributors might return to some level of sanity though still a tad biased.
Anyway the above entry takes a serious statement from a Bishop from South Dakota and makes it a political slander against many Catholic citizens that oppose Obama.

The contributor says "I have a sneaking suspicion that more people oppose him because of his race and background than because of his views on the right to life of the unborn".

This is of course the latest meme from the Obama folks. Repeated in no small part by Senator Joe Biden last weekend at a fundraiser.

I very much agree with the good Bishop but I wished he would have said something about people that throw the serious charge of racism around as a political football without regard to the facts. As someone that has combated racism when people throw that charge around in a reckless manner such as Morning Minion has they are cooperating with evil not combat ting it

Needless to say this is baseless. It is simply Catholics that despite the last few elections that Obama, that is to the left of John Kerry, should be getting like 60 percent of the vote and all Catholics that oppose that must be racist. Amazing especially looking at some very non racist Bishops that are responding to Obama and raising alarm bells

I say this

(1) First pray for people like this that they shall be open to their Catholic Brothers and Sisters and not be so close minded

(2) We Conservative/ Republicans that are Catholics are bound to be a part of the Social Catholic Justice ethic and all it entails. At times it will challenge us and at time it means we must challenge others. Do not be put off by this . We have a seat at the table though there is a effort to prevent that at times or to acknowledge our viewpoints, or if acknowledged to give it the most possible evil motives

(3) If you have racism in your heart pray for guidance. However don't be afraid to be opposed to Obama that is against so many Catholic Non Negotiable just because people like this are ignorant and are truly misguided. At times we are called not to be popular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are taking a break from VOX NOVA. I am ashamed that those characters are my co-religionist.


OHIO JOE

James H said...

I just had too. I mean some of the stuff was getting over the top

I suspect it will be better after election day