Saturday, July 26, 2008

Major Missal Changes Approved to English Language Mass

Well this is interesting. The Vatican it appears was not pleased by the stall tactics of some American Bishops as to approval of some new English translations of the Mass. It appears the Vatican has in a hurry approved parts that have alredy passed in part to send a message. Whispers in the Loggia has the story at And With Your Recognitio

So first off what changes are coming to a Parish near you in the near future?

The more significant changes of the people’s parts are:
et cum spiritu tuo is rendered as “And with your spirit”


In the Confiteor, the text “through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault” has been added

The Gloria has been translated differently and the structure is different from the present text
In the Preface dialogue the translation of “Dignum et justum est” is “It is right and just”

The first line of the Sanctus now reads “Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts”

The response of the people at the Ecce Agnus Dei is “Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.”

Good read



No comments: