Monday, July 21, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blog Daily Update for July 21 2008

Today's Pic is in memory of the B-52 Flight Crew from Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City Louisiana that Lost their Lives today in the Pacific. I am afraid looking at all the News Reports it will be a hard day for all the families when the day is over. Please keep the Crew Souls and their families in your prayers

I am very afraid I might know one of these guys. I guess many of us that know people on the Crews are still awaiting word.

Lets see what Louisiana Catholic Bloggers have been saying since we last looked in on them on Friday

Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group has How Can I Keep From Singing and Come to Jesus

Unskilled Labor has Wall Street Journal on Our Current Situation . He also has article here I posted on my Tiger Football board after I became aware of it. Go see New York Times on Holly Beach, LA

Catholic Tube has vids. See WYD Papal Preaching , WYD Centered On Sacraments , and Protestant Pastor Becomes Catholic

Baby Cate has a nice mediation here at My Wordless Spirit

A Number of Things. has Thrifty Picnic & A Question

Our Louisiana expat priest has a ton of stuff that being Da Mihi Animas . He ha sbeen really on top of World Youth Day. Go see in order of his posting over the weekend :
A full Day for Pope Benedict: The Way of the Cross, Ecumenical Prayer, and Dialogue with Non-Christians ,
"There is the successor of Don Bosco!" ,
Pilgrims on the move: Walking to Randwick Racecourse ,
"Oh man, I want to be holy!" , World Youth Day: God is with us! (great vids) ,
World Youth Day Evening Vigil With Pope Benedict ,
World Youth Day: Images from the Vigil and Mass ,
Pope Benedict: "Youth...Prophets of a New Era" (more great videos),
Update: World Youth Day 2011: Spain! ,
Pope Paul VI was Right: The Vindication of Humanae Vitae ,

and on a non Catholic theme
Cubs Win! Cubs Win! I would love to be saying that in October! (I hope!!!!)

From The Recamier has Saints today!! Go see her Daily Update: July 20, 2008where she starts off with Saint Apollinaris, bishop and martyr (died 79).

Full Circle has By their FRUITS - Way to go WYD pilgrims!

Father Decker at Thy Nose to the Marble. has Fourteen Passive-Aggressive Appetizers

ALIVE AND YOUNG is back. He did not post all week!!! Go see the latest edition of Not Said By Jesus Sunday and Comps ( I guess that is hwy he has been silent) , and From Reverant to Student: A Dialogue

Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has two of his recent homilies up.One is the homily he does at the Traditional Latin Mass. See My Homily for the 10th Sunday after Pentecost (TLM) and My Homily for the 16th Sunday in Ordianary Time

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has a very good post here Observations and Whispers in Church and I might try to highlight this somewhat in a separate post later. Also see A Moment for Prayer and Reflection. She has Why? lol. The Intimacy of Storytelling is another one. Oh and what explains her absense the last few days? Go see What I've Been Doing

Well that is it for the Louisiana Catholic Blog update. The next Louisiana Bayou Catholic Blogger update post shall be tomorrow

No comments: