Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Feast of St James the Greater- Lets Eat- Easy Recipe Ideas


Today is my Patron Saint's Feast day. That is St James the Greater. It is a big day in Spain to say the least.
Catholic Cuisine has three St James related recipes up that are pretty cool (with pics). I am thinking of cooking this almond cake with powdered sugar on top .Go see Tarta de Santiago (St. James' Cake) . There is one other recipe up that looks great but sadly I do not think I will be able to obtain sea scallops today. Go see Tartelettes de Saint-Jacques à la Mangue
Fianlly want something real simple!! Who doesn't like ice cream .Go see Coupe Saint-Jacques
Saint James the Greater ~ Pray for us!

2 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

Thanks for all the links!

I hope you have a wonderful Feast of St. James!!!!

My oldest son is also named after him, and we are looking forward to celebrating his nameday tomorrow. I am off to make his cake now.

God Bless!

James H said...

Thank you

Thank you for your great blog